Barnominium

Barnominium

Monday, December 10, 2012

Starting to look like Christmas!

I hope everyone is getting ready for Christmas.  It will be here and gone....before we know it. It is, finally starting to look like Christmas around here.  Normally, I have the tree up by the first weekend in Dec, but this year we were Barrel Racing, and it just didn't happen.  Nor, have I gotten the outside lights up, due to the rain.......The more days that slip by, it just doesn't seem worth the trouble. I may only get the porch done.  BUT, at the last minute, I decided, I wanted to paint the Den.  Yep, at Christmas and I already had the tree up, but not decorated.  I've been really wanting new furniture for a while, (Not happening, not soon) so, the new paint really made my den feel new.  I wish, I had done it a long time ago, but I had thought a darker color and no outside light would make it too dark.  I really love it. This was a job, moving all the furniture off the wall, moving it back, then moving more. Thank goodness, my husband was at home to help me with the furniture.  I still have the Entertainment wall to do, but that will wait, until after the Holidays.

Of course, I started moving stuff, before I thought to take a picture.
Our den, gets no natural light, so I had painted a light color.


 The nativity scene that my Godmother gave me, when I was maybe 10.  It only had one King then....I've always cherished it.


My girls tree.  Each year they got to pick out a special ornament for their tree.  You can see here the two different colors of paint.

Our skinny Christmas tree.
                                         The new Paint Job!  It give the room a warm feeling.