Barnominium

Barnominium

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tip of the Day - Exercise

I know many of you have made a resolution to exercise more, go to the gym, or walk.....And soon you will most likely Quit! The gym is great, but when I was going that was an hour and half + of my day.  I live in the country, so a gym is 15-20 minutes away.   I applaud those that have an exercise plan and stick to it.  But, if it is pretty outside, I want to ride horses or garden.  (That is exercise)  The winter is more my problem.......SO.... My TIP, exercise when you can:

Example:  When I let the dogs out.......Do squats
                  Waiting on the microwave to heat my water......Do Leg Lifts
                  Fixing my hair........Step side to side
The house dogs need exercise Too.....Take them for a walk around the block.  I walk up and down my driveway.  Four times is a mile and walking briskly you can do it in 18 - 20 minutes. 

Fidget -. 1. To behave or move nervously or restlessly. 2. To play or fuss; fiddle: He fidgeted with his notes while lecturing. 

Yep, Fidget.....It burns calories.  If you sit at a desk a lot, move your legs and tighten your butt muscles.  You can do this in a car too, on trips, waiting.....on kids to come out of school, waiting for the light to turn green.  I am fidgeting right now, as I type this up :) 

***I noticed the picture that I had posted of the exercise disappeared, so I will try to explain.
Lay down with your butt about 4-6 inches from the wall, you legs will be up the wall.  Place you feed on the wall and lift you bottom off the floor.  This is a great exercise to work your butt, you legs & stomach.  You can really feel it working.  I change positions of my feet on the wall to more straight, open like the splits and down lower, almost like your sitting in a chair.  By changing feet placement, I can feel different muscles being targeted.  I will do about 100 of these. Sorry the pictures was worth a thousand words.

While your watching TV in the evening, Get some 3 or 5 lb weights to work your arms. Lay in the floor and do crunches, leg lifts, &  push-ups. 

The POINT is, Just because you don't have an hour a day to Commit to exercising, does not mean you can not work exercising into your daily schedule.   Do Not feel defeated, Just do it when you can.

Have A GREAT Day!