Barnominium

Barnominium

Monday, May 19, 2014

An Ole Window Screen

I was holding off on putting this project on my blog, because it is a Mother's Day present and she hasn't received it.  She did see a picture on my phone.  See she she lives out of town, I didn't think we were going to get to see her, but we did....and I didn't have it with me. 

Any how, a faux stained glass project is what inspired the project.  I had some old screens out of my Nanny's shed (her mother).  They have been sitting in my garage and I have pondered......what to do with them. 

Faux Stain Glass...Click Here for Tutorial

I have thought several times about doing one of these windows to go on my front porch and I thought why not the screen.  It would look good out on her patio.  Flying by the seat of my pants, not knowing how paint was going to work out a  screen, I gave it a shot.  I used the Lead Paint tape to do the Large flower, but just free hand painted everything else.  The picture does not give this project credit.  It is kinda a elementary picture, but you can only do so much on a screen.  It is really pretty when held up to the sun.  I have different blues across the top for the sky, greens across the bottom for grass and Garden sayings written around the border.  I sprayed 4 coats of Polyurethane on it, because I really have no idea how this product holds up outside. 




What do you think?  Has anyone else done one of these projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment