Barnominium

Barnominium

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Junk to Garden Art

I found this little jewel, where else but my mom's driveway.  They are moving to Arkansas and they had been throwing stuff out.  I said, "If you don't love it, Don't take it with you."  My parents had already gone back to the their other home. And, I can't remember why, but my oldest had left her truck there and I was dropping her off.  I almost didn't pick it up and she said, "I can't believe you are not getting that."  So, I did with no idea what the heck I was going to do with it.  I didn't have the stand that it came off of...




I used some glue and just glued that little fan right back on.....still no idea what I was doing with it.  Then, I decided that I was going to paint it, Brown center, yellow petals, and green fan, like a sunflower.  Still no plan.  And, I didn't spend a lot of prep time.  I just knocked the off the loose stuff with a putty knife.  When, I started spray painting it...I noticed some shape on the metal, like flower petals and a leaf.  What the heck...I had no idea.  Any way I was painting it in the yard by this tree.  When it was dry, I moved it over there, just so it was out of the way.  We ride horses, and it doesn't happen often or even once a year, but sometimes, one will get loose and it is a no brainer, they would run right into it and cut themselves.  It found it's purpose.....Garden Art!


 I took my mom out there, when she was here visiting and asked about it looking like petals and a leaf.  She confirmed that was how it had been painted.  Then, she said, "I am so jealous, I just couldn't see it being anything, but a windmill...." I told her she could take it home and put it her garden, but she declined and I am happy to keep it.
I think next year it is going to be cute there with some other flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment