Barnominium

Barnominium

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pallet Bar

Pallet Bar

I saw a bar on Pinterest made out of pallets.  I have plenty of those in my hay barn along with a pile of scrape lumber.  I was bored, so with no plan, and a friend was wanting one,  I thought I give it a shot.  The pictures really do no show justice.  Sorry, I thought I had taken some pictures of the process, but can't find them.  I HAVE to make me one!  This gets pinned almost daily off of Pinterest!


First, I found a pallet that was close to the measurements that I would need.  Yes, they come in different sizes and bar stools are different heights.  The hardest part of this project was removing a few boards and cutting that dang pallet in half.  You need proper tools :(.  The pallet has runners on the bottom, these are used for your top, a shelf, basically for putting it together.  So, I took screws (not nails) and screwed thru the boards to the runners.  (see picture). Then I cut 2x4's to the length I wanted the bar and attached to the runners, (the bottom and middle runner) I toe nailed the top one in, between the runners.  Now your sides will stand up. Now, it was easy, cut the metal to fit, trim boards, and top and finished it up.



This is the top of the bar.  My friend wanted the bar and she wanted it to match some red & black bar stools that she had.  I first beat the top up with a hammer and various blunt objects.  Then I took some red paint and dabbed in the knot holes, and in the dents. I then took black paint and did my dry brush technique (explained under rustic doors).  I then stained with a black stain.  And finished with 3 coats of Poly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment