Barnominium

Barnominium

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rustic Mirror


Rustic Mirror

  Have you seen the Rustic mirrors?  I wanted one, but I didn't want to pay $50 plus for one!  Like so many of my projects, by the seat of my paints, I took on the task.  I bought a cheap ole mirror from Walmart with a plastic frame.  The hardest part of this project.....getting that mirror out of the frame!  LOL! For real!  I had some rough cut cedar and some old rope that I used for the frame.  I used a Miter Saw  to cut my wood, but you could just mark 45 degree angles and use a circular saw.   I fastened it together with wood glue and some small flat brackets to attach the corners. I tacked the rope into the frame with really small trim nails and hot glue to attach the mirror to the back. I LOVE IT!

I LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment