Barnominium

Barnominium

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Home Made Taco Seasoning

This is no grand story....But it does happen to fit into my trying to eat cleaner.  The other night I decided to cook Taco meat for supper.  I was out of Taco seasoning, so I came to computer and pulled a recipe off of Pinterest.  Then I got to thinking...I wonder how much extra stuff is in those Season packets that I can't even pronounce the words to?  Any way, I had all the ingredients that I needed.  I changed mine up just a bit.

Taco Seasoning

2 1/2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
   1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
   1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
   1/2 Teaspoon dried Oregano
   1  - Teaspoon Paprika
   1/2  Tablespoon Coriander (which is Cilantro)
   1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (more if you like spicy) (recipe called for 3/4 teaspoon)
   2 -  Teaspoons ground Cumin
   2 -  Teaspoons Salt
   2 -  Teaspoons Black Pepper

Brown  1lb Hamburger, Add 3 Tablespoons Seasoning with 1/2 cup water.  Simmer to let flavors get into the meat.  Seal extra in an air tight package.

I am going to make up a big batch of it, so I always have some on hand!
Yes, to trying to eat a little healthier!  Whoops.....I did have mine over Tortilla chips.  Well, I am sure that I took some of the bad out.

No comments:

Post a Comment