Barnominium

Barnominium

Friday, December 5, 2014

Deck Stain

I finally got around to working on the deck.  It is really large.  I am guessing 20 x15, with a ton of spindles. Who knows when it last had a cleaning and stain.  We have owned the place for three years and it looked rough when we purchased the house.

First, I needed to clean it.  I used a power washer with just water.  I mean I had use the pressure!  I had it set to the brick setting and had to getting pretty close to the wood.  Care must given in order to not do damage to the wood.  Make sure you keep the wand moving.....It took me at least half a day.  It is a large deck and then all those spindles with 4 sides, and hand rails.




 It was already looking better.....just being cleaned.

And, the lattice....OK, I am done with the deck part, but in the process, I dripped stain on this dang lattice.  I tried removing with paint thinner.  That didn't work.  Then, I tried Acetone.  Yep, that does the trick, but I haven't gotten it done yet.

We were only there for a couple of days, and I had to let everything dry well before staining.

Next trip, Stain!
And, the next trip and the next trip.......




I used the 7 year Olympic.  I hope I get at least 5 years.  All those spindles were very time consuming.

Then, we found some copper tops and solar lights at Lowes.




I am really proud of it!

The last trip over, my view from the sunroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment