Barnominium

Barnominium

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Working in a Friends Yard

I have been helping out a friend in her yard this past week.  Whew, I thought that I am overwhelmed with everything going on here.....Someone always has it worse.  She saw my post about, Do you need an extra hand, and took me up on it. This is a Do IT Yourself, except she doesn't have time.  She was lucky and all the new plants came from my house, so no nursery expense there.

So, on the note Of Plants...... I belong to a Gardeners Swap Club on Facebook, so do a search and see if there is one in your area.  It is a great way to get new plants and get rid of some of the plants that you have that multiply.

This is some of what I did.



Before




Added a Crepe Mrytle and Mongo grass









Pulled about 12 wild bushes up out of this bed

Before

After, I rearranged, blew the leaves off.

Now, it looks like a place to have a glass of wine!




 This is a pretty bed out by the driveway.  I cleaned out the leaves and divided some plants and moved them around.







Actually, I didn't take a picture of the real before, before I started pruning.  I decided I better check with the home owner before I cut them way back.  She trusted me.....I butchered them, but they will fill back out full.
The little yellow bushes were hidden behind the Hollies.







Front Porch, she wanted the Hydrangeas moved the back flower bed.


 I filled the bed back up with Bee Balm, Black Eyed Susans & Corn Flowers.




They looked good today! :)

Before! This is behind the patio.

I added the Hydrangeas from the front bed, Cannas, Yellow Iris, Spider Wort, Bee Balm, Hostas, Day Lilies, Black-eyed Susans and today some Horse Manure.  It makes your flowers grow!  I can't wait to get a picture of everything in bloom. It will be Fabulous!




I am excited to see it when every thing starts blooming!

DO YOU need a Helping Hand?  I am available for many things!

No comments:

Post a Comment