Barnominium

Barnominium

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hot Springs, AR - A Great Weekend Get Away!

Hot Springs, AR is a great weekend get away! The town offers many things to do, great restaurants, three lakes, Magic Springs Amusement/water park, Concerts at Magic Springs, Oaklawn Race Track and much more.  Many of these I have discussed here on the blog, one under PAGES - Hot Springs, AR -My Picks for a Visit and under LABELS - Hot Springs.

Today's suggestion is pretty short and sweet, go Downtown.  I love Downtown.  This past weekend we went down to the Gallery Walk. The Walk is held Every 1st Friday of Month until 9pm.  Many of the galleries offer refreshments and wine.  The galleries were packed, the great weather and wine brought out a crowd.  The galleries have all kinds of art, modern, contemporary, landscapes, pottery, hand made jewelery, etc.  Some of the artist are always on hand to talk with as well.


I just loved this!  All of her paintings had some little saying on them.  Yep, not in my budget.  And most of them are not, but I enjoyed looking....

While walking around we heard music coming from the Quapaw Bathhouse, so we walked over to check it out.  They will be having music night from 6:30 - 8:30 on the first Friday of the month.  We sat on the front porch, enjoyed the nice weather and music, while, yes we had a glass of wine.  Afterwards we took a short tour of the bath house.  They will be next on my list for a mineral bath.

Hot Springs got it's name from the hot springs coming up out of the earth.  The story goes that Indian tribes use to visit the springs and even enemy tribes would come together in peace at the springs.  Check out some of the history at  http://www.hotsprings.org/pages/history/

Our view on the porch.

Saturday we purchased our Season Pass for Magic Springs Amusement Park and we attended the Easton Corbin that evening.  They have a season packed with concerts, Rock, Christian and Country. www.magicsprings.com/

I am thinking......I should get some advertising dollars out of this......   Let me know if you visit, IF my blog helped you out...and what you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment