Barnominium

Barnominium

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Chair Update!

After my Nanny passed, I was given the old desk and chair out of her home.  I promptly painted the desk red with a crackle finish and black showing through.  I painted the chair the opposite, black with red showing through.  The seat needed to be updated with a new fabric.  I have shopped and shopped.  Nothing, quite struck me as being the one......I was in Hobby Lobby looking and found a scrap piece of burlap with black circles for $3.00 and I thought why not.....

The desk! You can read about this project, under Pages, Painted Furniture.
 And here is the Chair!  I think I like it.




I had other plans for this piece, but I put it in the Dining Room, because the other space was not ready.  It has stayed and I love it there.  

Have you covered any seat cushions?  This one was Simple Suzy.  If your intimated, I have pictures of the process.

My seat cushion was attached with screws, so out came the screws and off came the seat.

Before
I used a cotton batting to add a little cush...
I attached with a staple gun



Now, for the burlap.  You can not cut burlap straight.  But, if you pull one string like shown, you can.  Pull the string all the way out and it will leave a gap to cut.


Again, I used the staple gun to attach the burlap and then I wrote on the bottom where the chair came from and that I recovered the seat.



Cute!
 Reattach with screws.  I had to go buy some, because I took so long to finish this project, I misplaced the ones that came out of the chair.  I will probably find them now!