Barnominium

Barnominium

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cont....Finishing that Retaining Wall!

In my last post, I showed the unfinished Retaining wall.....I had ran out of blocks and low and behold, there were none in Hot Springs, AR that matched.  I brought one home with me and Ta Da, Walmart had ones that match.  They are not quite as deep....Who would think that the size would be changed.  I guess like everything else, the difference in a cup of concrete makes their bottom line larger.

This is where I left off....short on blocks and mulch
The new blocks added. Maybe some sod in the fall....
 My husband thought I should just run the drain line over the top....I said, "NO, I going for a more professional look."  It took me like 30 mins to get the one block done that is sitting on top of the drain line. Now, I hoping it doesn't wash out when it rains.  Time will tell. I will evidently cover the drain line with mulch.
 I added more mulch/manure and plants.  And, We watered like crazy.....The water works (rain) has turned off and the bushes are stressed.  Fingers crossed, I don't want to lose any of my $2 bushes that would cost me more than that to replace.
All the plants in this bed are doing well.
My side kick!
 This is a Chaste Tree.  I have one at the house, that produces a ton of seedlings.  I have given away trees and planted more at the TN house and some a long a back fence at this house.  They are beautiful!  See the purple blooms....The bees and butterflies love them.  They grow fast and get to the size of around 25' x 25'.   This is planted here to provide some afternoon shade for the deck.  It will be a few years.  This is June 2013, check back for another picture next year.  Or you can check out the Barnominium.  I have a picture on there of what this tree will do in 5 years.
 The back of the deck.  I brought the Hibiscus over this trip and it bloomed out. Yes!  Fall project, the DECK.....It needs cleaning, stained and I think I will paint the lattice a tan color.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment