Barnominium

Barnominium

Friday, August 2, 2013

Sunny Mango Bruschetta

This year I decided to grow some Basil in my garden.  I have never used Fresh Herbs....but I want to.  Now, I have fresh Basil, I need some recipes to use it.  So, what do you do in modern times?  Go to Pinterest.com and key in Basil recipes in the search line. I found this Mango Bruschetta recipe that sounded good.

This is my version. There are only 3 of us and one is about to leave for college.  So, my recipe was for 3 and no exact measurements.  Sometimes, people get hung up on exact.  I think, Exact only matters for baked goods, but again, I am not a chef.  LOL!


Baguette (Italian Bread) sliced.  There are only 3 of us, so 3 slices.

1/2 Mango, diced into small cubes
Bell Pepper- I used green, that is what is in my garden.
Cherry tomatoes - cut in half
Onion- diced- enough for my liking
Basil-chopped, Basil has a pretty strong taste, again add to your liking.
Garlic-A dash powder, I didn't have fresh.
Black Pepper - Dash
Salt - Dash
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar

Shredded Cheese- save for assembly

Add all ingredients to bowl. Toss well, and Set aside.

Slice bread rounds - brush with olive oil and grill lightly

Assemble Bruschetta
Spoon Mixture onto each slice
Add Shredded Cheese of your liking to top of mixture
Stick back in oven just to melt.
Garnish with Basil, if you like.
Serve immediately!

YUM!

Now here is the recipe from Pintrest

1/2 Baguette, sliced into rounds & olive oil for brushing
1 cup Yellow bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup red pepper
1 Cup Mango-diced
1/3 cup fresh Basil
2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
1 tsp agave syrup drizzle (optional)  I had to look this up...
salt to taste

Add all ingredients to bowl, toss, and set aside
Slice bread rounds, brush with olive oil and toast lightly
Assemble, garnish with basil, drizzle with agave syrup, grind black pepper on top
Serve

Make it your OWN and have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment